The Client & The Challenge:
Our Client is a leading provider of risk rating data for small businesses. Their suite of software products helps their customers determine the risk of default for individual and large portfolios of borrowers.
The Client was looking for ways to improve and modernize their software and worked with us to create a new Credit Review Express application. The overall goal of the project was to develop a customizable portfolio reporting platform that allows users to analyze and group risks for borrowers quickly. Other important business objectives included:
- Providing a customer-centric experience with self-service features that put them in control
- Broadening the Client product portfolio with new products that increase revenue
- Re-purposing existing data to create new products that provide tangible business value
The Solution & The Results:
In this greenfield project, we provided a complete set of resources to extend the Client’s development team and hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Agile process setup for a new project
- Application and infrastructure architecture
- Data and business process modeling
- Setup of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Test Driven Development
- Database Development – SQL Server/TSQL
- Services Development – Rule Engine, Web APIs, Security in C#
- Web Development – Interactive Web UI using Angular and JQuery
- Reporting – Interactive dashboards and customizable reports
The resulting application was delivered on time and within budget and gave the Client a new product to better serve their customers. The ability to control how to interpret borrower data and how the business rules are run against it allowed customers to extract greater business value from their investment.
Ancillary benefits that emerged were a repeatable and effective Agile/Scrum development process and a DevOps pipeline that adds efficiency and predictability for future development efforts.
DragonSpears provided Agile project management,solution architecture, DevOps, and hands-on development that was essential in driving our application to completion.
- Craig Odegaard, VP Technology and Operations