On DragonSpears first installment of “Innovation and the Digital Enterprise” Shelli and Pat welcome Roman Dumiak to talk about how technology affects collaborative efforts in anything from programming to E-sports to smart speakers.
Roman Dumiak, who currently works at a small private equity firm giving technical advice on potential clients, previously worked at Allstate Insurance for over 40 years, wearing many hats including software developer, infrastructure handler in database/network, chief architect, and held the position of Director of Technology Innovation for 6 years.
- [00:51] Introduction to Roman Dumiak
- [04:20] Scrum vs. Extreme Programming
- [06:06] Empathy in the recruitment process
- [10:09] Where the Allstate Innovation Team began and how it grew
- [16:19] Paired Programming as a valuable asset instead of a waste of resources
- [19:41] Shift in Programming as isolated work to collaboration
- [23:23] The approach of an Egalitarian work environment
- [27:55] Introduction of product managers to Allstate
- [33:38] Innovation Lab and the Car Sharing Startup
- [38:10] Alexa and other developments that toe the line of success/failure
- [43:12] E-Sports and Group Gaming
- [48:52] Collaboration evolving with technology
- [50:46] Innovation and Rebuilding
Editing & Post-Production by Dante32.